CERTIFICATE OF NON-IMPEDIMENT TO MARRIAGE
Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage (CNI) is a document which is required for the registration of marriages of Georgian citizens residing abroad. At the time of issuance of this certificate, it proves that the applicant is not currently legally married and his or her marriage of registration abroad faces no obstacles.
In order to receive the CNI certificate, please submit an E-Application.
The following documents must to be presented at the Consulate General:
1) Documents for proof of identification such as a passport or identification card. Copies are accepted;
2) If a legal representative is receiving the notice, he or she must present proof of identification and letter of attorney;
3) A money order in the amount of $20 U.S. dollars written out to the Consulate General of Georgia in New York;
4) If the applicant has been previously legally married, he or she must present proof of divorce or a death certificate of the former spouse. However, if the applicant has a child (children) in an unregistered marriage, the birth certificate(s) of the child(children) is necessary;
5) If the documents mentioned above are completed in a foreign language, they must be translated into Georgian and be apostilled (List of issuing authorities of apostilles)